At Collateral Repair Project (“CRP,” “we,” or “us”), we are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your personal data secure and confidential.
The following describes our policies concerning the collection and sharing of information through our website. Any information voluntarily disclosed to Collateral Repair Project through our website will be treated with care and security and will not be used in ways other than set forth in these policies.
Privacy statement for our supporters
We collect your personal data when you undertake certain actions on our website, such as making a donation or signing up for our mailing list. When you complete these activities, you knowingly provide us with your personal information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and postal address.
We also collect the personal data provided to us when you interact with us on our social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
We collect this data for various reasons:
- To process your donations.
- To send you a confirmation of your donations.
- To keep you informed about our activities and ways to support us. We will only send you marketing materials if you have provided your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time. We will not send you materials by email if you have asked us to stop.
- To reply to your queries and requests and provide related services.
This information will be stored securely. CRP will not share, rent, or sell this data to any other organization for their marketing services. However, if we have a legal basis to share certain information, we must comply with these policies.
We share personal data with other organizations in the following situations:
- We receive a donation from you and are required to share your personal data with The Internal Revenue Service of the United States of America to receive a tax rebate.
- Law enforcement agencies instruct us to share personal data and provide valid legal instruction.
- If you use a debit or credit card to make a donation or purchase, we will share your personal data with a payment processing partner.
- If you register for our mailing list, we may share your personal data with a marketing company (such as MailChimp) to help us prepare and send out marketing materials on our behalf.
In each of the circumstances listed above, we will ensure that we have a valid written contract or legal instruction in place with the organization which includes data protection clauses. This is to ensure that any third party organizations do not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes and have security requirements to protect your data.
Privacy statement for our beneficiaries
CRP has an obligation to protect the identities and personal information of our beneficiaries: the refugees and needy Jordanians we serve, as well as our refugee staff and volunteers. Beneficiary data, including names, IDs, household status, and records of program attendance and benefit receipt is considered confidential and are only available to those members of staff that need access in order to provide service.
Beneficiary data are occasionally shared with grant partners in order to fulfill accountability requirements. These data are never shared with researchers or journalists. When we refer to beneficiaries in marketing materials, videos, photographs, blog posts, or any pages on our websites, we change their names.
Beneficiary data is stored securely in cloud-based databases.
How long we store your personal data
We will store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal data is processed. The length of time we keep each category of personal data will depend on the reason the information was collected and/or as long as necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device when you visit certain websites. Internet browsers generally accept cookies by default.
- Google Analytics: We may use this common cookie to collect anonymous information about how you use our website. This helps us improve your experience, for example, by helping us identify and resolve errors, and to determine relevant information to show you when you’re browsing.
Changes to our privacy statement
We regularly review our privacy statement and will ensure that any updates will be shared with you through our website.
This privacy statement was last updated on July 12, 2018.
You may always change your privacy preferences by contacting us. If you would like to change these preferences or opt out of our electronic newsletter, please email us at donors [at] collateralrepairproject [dot] org.
If you are unhappy about how we have processed your personal data or have a privacy concern, we would like to hear from you. To raise a concern or make a complaint, please contact donors [at] collateralrepairproject [dot] org.